- Bronze duplicate of the Congressional Gold Medal awarded to the Monuments Men and Women on October 22, 2015.
- Measures three inches in diameter
- Minted at the U.S. Mint at Philadelphia (no mint mark)
- Struck Under Authority of Public Law 113-116
- Design: Obverse Designer: Joel Iskowitz; Obverse Sculptor; Engraver: Phebe Hemphill; Reverse Designer: Donna Weaver; Reverse Engraver: Joseph Menna
Monuments Men Bronze Medal 3 Inch
The Monuments Men bronze medal is a three–inch medal duplicate of the Congressional Gold Medal awarded to the Monuments Men and Women in recognition of their heroic role in the preservation, protection and restitution of monuments, works of art, and of culturally important artifacts during and following World War II.
The obverse displays a picture of soldiers in action, lifting and removing objects from a cave or mine location where Monuments Men discovered the stolen arts of work. The artwork depicted represents major works of historic significance the group recovered. The design includes the inscription “MONUMENTS MEN.”
The reverse features some of the thousands of works of art that were at risk from damage, destruction or theft by Nazi forces surrounding the inscriptions “IT IS OUR PRIVILEGE TO PASS ON TO THE COMING CENTURIES TREASURES OF PAST AGES” and “GEN. DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER.” The design also includes the inscription “ACT OF CONGRESS 2014.”